Sharp Corporation will introduce into the Japanese market a new 32-inch-class LCD monitor, the PN-K321, a professional monitor featuring proprietary IGZO technology and delivering 4K × 2K resolution (3,840 × 2,160 pixels), four times that of full HD.
Demand for ultra-high-definition 4K2K displays is forecast to grow for numerous business and professional applications, including creating and editing graphics and video, financial-related operations requiring intensive use of graphs and small text, and CAD services for displaying detailed drawings.
The PN-K321 is Sharp's latest ultra-high-definition display and features smaller transistors (TFTs) in the LCD panel compared to conventional displays, thereby increasing the amount of transmitted light per pixel. Because 4K2K displays enable clear, crisp display of large amounts of information ranging from small text to detailed images on one screen, they boost operational efficiency by sparing users the need to scroll frequently.
In addition, Sharp's IGZO technology makes it possible to adopt a specially designed edge-lit LED backlight system that enables the depth of the main body to be reduced to a mere 35 mm to achieve the industry's thinnest design. Even though the PN-K321 features a large 32-inch-class screen, there is no sense of crowding when placed on an office desktop. In addition, this unit can also blend in when installed in public spaces. Further, input connectors are compatible with the latest DisplayPort and HDMI interface specifications, enabling the PN-K321 to be connected to a PC via a single cable for the display*3 of large volumes of 4K2K data.
The introduction of this unit marks the beginning of Sharp's continuing commitment to strengthen its lineup of ultra-high-definition displays.
|Suggested retail price
|Date of introduction in Japan
||February 15, 2013
- 1. 4K2K resolution (3,840 × 2,160 pixels) enables high-definition image display with four times the resolution of full HD.
- 2. The industry's thinnest profile design, with the main body approximately 35 mm deep.
- 3. Connectivity with PCs via a single cable for displaying 4K2K data.
- *1 IGZO and the IGZO logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sharp Corporation.
- *2 As of November 28, 2012; for 30-inch or larger 4K2K (3,840 × 2,160 pixels) monitors (based on Sharp research).
- *3 DisplayPort (Multi-Stream Transport) supports up to 3,840 × 2,160 resolution at a 60p frame rate; HDMI port can support up to 3,840 × 2,160 resolution at a 30p frame rate (60p is supported with two cables).
||Landscape / Portrait
||32-inch-class widescreen (80.1 cm diagonal) IGZO LCD
||LED (edge lit)
(Max. display colors)
|3,840 x 2,160 pixels
(Approx. 1.06 billion colors)
|Active screen area
(W x H)
|698 x 393 mm
||DisplayPort x 1
||HDMI x 2*5
||Audio: 3.5 mm-diameter mini stereo jack x 1
(3.5 mm-diameter mini jack conversion cable compatible) x 1*6
||2W + 2W
||100V AC, 50/60 Hz
|Operating temperature / humidity
||0°C to 40°C / 20% to 80% RH (no condensation)
|Dimensions (not including protrusions)
(display section only)
|Approx. 750 W x 35 D x 441 H mm
||Approx. 7.5 kg (display section only)
- *4 Comes bundled with DisplayPort cable. For HDMI connection, commercially available cables must be purchased separately.
- *5 For both PC and AV components.
- *6 Comes bundled with RS-232C conversion cable (terminated with 3.5-mm-diameter mini jacks).
- • DisplayPort is a registered trademark of the Video Electronics Standards Association.
- • HDMI is a trademark or registered trademark of HDMI Licensing, LLC.